More than 100 sponsorships have been granted to families under the Support-A-Family program. These sponsorships aid very poor families to establish and commence Micro-businesses. In addition, the Lifestart Foundation has:
- Installed wells and pumps for families without water.
- Connected electricity for families without power.
- Concreted dirt floors in many houses.
- Installed iron roofs to make houses water-proof.
- Purchased rice, food and blankets for many who were cold and hungry.
- Provided bicycles to enable transportation to work and school.
- Seven houses have been built for families who were squatting or were without shelter.
- 24 boats have been built which now provide a source of income, a means of providing food for the family and somewhere to live when the river floods annually.
- Over 100 Educational Scholarships have been granted to disadvantaged children.
- The Lifestart Foundation Free School (2006-2014) catered to extremely poor, illiterate, disadvantaged, neglected and abused children aged between 8 and 20 years old who were not able to continue in main stream education. Many of the children have now graduated into secondary education or have found employment.
- Thanks to the support from our ESL volunteers Lifestart Foundation has provided English lessons to many Vietnamese of all ages in order to improve their employment prospects.
- In 2010 Lifestart Foundation launched a Secondary Year Educational Scholarship program to give exceptionally bright and extremely disadvantaged children with limited financial resources the chance to dream of completing their education.
- Over 45 at-risk young people have been mentored and in turn sponsored into traineeships under the Jobstart program.
- Bicycles have been provided to young people which has allowed them to attend school and training Read Blog: Bicycles for Many!
- Renovated the Dien Ban Orphanage under the Orphan-Assist program.
- Supplied the orphans with school uniforms, warm coats, school supplies and school books.
- Funded medical care for sufferers of tuberculosis.
- Funded neurosurgery for a motorbike accident victim.
- Funded orthopedic surgery for a child with webbed feet.
- Funded treatment of kidney and liver disease.
- Funded medical treatment for a variety of serious illnesses and skin disease.
- Funded orthopedic aids for the disabled.
- Assisted many individuals with disabilities to improve their standard of living.
- Provided glasses for those with vision problems.
- Funded medical insurance.
- Funded palliative care.
Helping those with Disabilities
- Assisted many people with disabilities to set up small businesses and create self-sufficiency.
- The Lifestart Foundation Workshop began in 2007. The Workshop achieves transformative change by empowering members to earn a sustainable income and gain a sense of independence through the creation of fine arts and crafts.
- Provided a number of members of the disabled community in the Quang Nam province of Vietnam with three-wheeled motorbikes. Mobility provides them with independence and increases their empowerment for further opportunities.
- The Lifestart Foundation Free Disability Community Centre provides people living with disabilities in central Vietnam with new and improved opportunities.