The Lifestart Foundation believes that every child should have the opportunity to complete an education and has been actively assisting students in Hoi An and its surrounding regions since 2000.
What We’ve Accomplished
- Hundreds of educational scholarships granted to disadvantaged children.
- Annual career days provided to four Danang Universities for Year 11 and 12 students.
- Annual two day career trip to Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy provided for Year 11 and 12 students.
- English lessons provided to hundreds of students in order to improve their employment and study prospects thanks to the support from our ESL volunteers.
- The Lifestart Foundation Free School (2006-2014) catered to extremely poor, illiterate, disadvantaged, neglected and abused children from 8-20 years of age who were not able to continue in main stream education. Many of the children have now graduated into secondary education or have found employment.
- Over 45 at-risk youth mentored and sponsored into traineeships under the Jobstart program.
- Hundreds of bicycles and ebikes have been provided to young people which has allowed them to attend school and training.
- Education essentials provided for orphans including food allowances, warm coats/clothes, school uniforms, books and supplies.
- Provided hundreds of laptops and computers to High School and University students.
Become A Sponsor
Direct student sponsorship is a positive way to ensure that a child will receive ongoing support for their education. All students are monitored and mentored regularly to ensure that academic achievement and dedication to study is maintained. When you sponsor one of our students, you’ll receive a regular update on their progress along with a current photo. Scholarships include the provision of school fees, extra classes, books, stationery, uniforms and transport where needed.
Our criteria for successful student scholarship applicants
Willingness to Give Back
Medical Scholarship (Full)
University Scholarship (Full)
Secondary School Educational Scholarship (full)
provide food, supplies and/or transportation
Meet Dr.Tran Van A
Lifestart Foundation congratulates our first medical student to graduate and be appointed to a new position at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital in Danang. We are in awe and admiration of your hard work and determination to overcome adversity and your passion to become a doctor. “A” was born and raised in the Cam Thanh
We couldn’t be more proud of Hien, who has just completed her Law degree and has graduated with a distinction. Hien has had a Lifestart Foundation educational scholarship for the past 6 years. She has been a dilligent and commited student and it has been an absolute delight to watch her grow into the confident
A Letter of Gratitude from Nay
A Letter of Gratitude from Lifestart Foundation Education Scholarship Student VO THOI NAY – who is currently studying Nuclear Physics at University. It is always very special to hear just how much our help has been appreciated and how it has positively impacted a young life. We are very proud of Nay’s diligence and determination
Meet Hoai, future doctor of Central Vietnam
In May 2018 Lifestart Foundation launched and awarded a new round of major Medical Scholarships at Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy. These scholarships are the most valuable on offer at the University. The scholarships were awarded to impressive first year students who have demonstrated academic excellence and are from extremely disadvantaged backgrounds. By way